LoveOly SummerFest is gearing up for the final weekend! Enjoy interactive art installations from local artists, engage with community groups and stop at the Biergarten with local seasonal libations from 3 Magnets Brewing Co., Well 80 Brewhouse and Whitewood Cider Co. LoveOly SummerFest 2022 takes place every Saturday in August from 1 pm to 7 pm.
The Olympia Film Society (OFS) partnered with the Olympia Downtown Alliance to produce the headline acts for the festival on the Main Stage.
Girl Trouble will continue the summer concert series on Saturday, August 27.
Originally formed in 1984, Girl Trouble is a low-tech rock and roll band based in Tacoma, Washington. They have been on Sub Pop compilations with bands such as Nirvana and Soundgarden, and were once signed to Olympia's own K Records.
Low Wires and Morgan and the Organ Donors will open for Girl Trouble.
In addition to Main Stage (in front of the Capitol Theater, 206 East 5th.) acts, August 27 is full of other activities from which to choose!
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm — Cartoon Orchestra —String and Shadow.
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm — Salsa Dance Intro Lesson taught by Rudy Romero. Salsa & Latin music are provided by the Malo Castro Band.
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm — Salsa Dance Social with Clave Con Jazz.
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: LoveOly SummerFest welcomes Morgan and the Organ Donors to the Main Stage.
- 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm: LoveOly SummerFest welcomes Low Wires to the Main Stage.
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: LoveOly SummerFest welcomes Girl Trouble to the Main Stage.
Buskers, Music Out Loud:
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Christine Ritchey, Washington St. Between 5th & Legion, Old Time Country, Guitar & Violin
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Dan Walker, Corner of 4th Ave & Chestnut St, Blues, Cover Rock, Guitar
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lace n Bass, Corner of 5th Ave & Capitol Way, Blues, Swing, Banjo & Guitar
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Keith Carter, Washington St. Between 5th & Legion, Rock, Heavy Rock Acoustic
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Swamp Tiger, Corner of 5th Ave & Capitol Way, Hip Hop, Vocal Rap
Bring the kids to the Activity Area on 5th between Capital and Washington—so many options for kids, youth and families!
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm: Circus Entertainment – juggling and stilt walking, provided by Sky Cosby, Tomorrow (Nora Knutson) and Daniel Tullai.
- 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm: Face Painting by Claire Arbaugh.
- 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Fort Boards, Make a Hat/Visor & Water Table Powered by Hands On Children’s Museum
- 4:30 – 7:00 pm: Estuarium Touch Tank, Powered by Puget Sound Estuarium
- 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Community Groups including Puget Sound Estuarium, Olympia Strong and Olympia Community Solar.
- 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Biergarten featuring beer from Three Magnets Brewing Co. and Well 80 Brewhouse and cider from Whitewood Cider Co. Location: On Washington Street between 5th and Legion.
- 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Artists and makers selling locally, hand-crafted items.
- 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Black Well Red Thread Collective, Coast Salish artist Joe Seymour
There is no cost to attend LoveOly SummerFest, thanks to our supporters and sponsors!