DOWNTOWN OLYMPIA SAFETY TEAM/DOWNTOWN GUIDES
Help visitors, residents, and employees feel comfortable, welcome, and safe in our community’s amazing Downtown.
Scope of Services:
- Hospitality-Provide a warm greeting to Downtown patrons, sharing information and offering recommendations.
- Safety-Present a distinctive presence that deters crime, nuisance activity, trespassing, and unwanted behaviors.
- Partnership-Call on law enforcement and social service resources Downtown to work together to address challenging behaviors.
- Crisis Outreach-Engage individuals suffering from mental health crises and drug addiction in an effort to connect individuals with available resources in the community.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Saturday-2:30-11 pm
- Sunday-1:30-9 pm
- Partners Include: City resources: Olympia Police Department, Ambassadors, Clean Team, Crisis Response Unit, Familiar Faces
- Others: Community Care Center (Substance Abuse/Mental Health), Department of Enterprise Services, Washington State Patrol
- CPR, bloodborne pathogens, customer service, de-escalation, use of technology, lifting techniques, strategies for engaging with those experiencing houselessness, City ordinances and on the job training