DOWNTOWN OLYMPIA SAFETY TEAM/DOWNTOWN GUIDES
Help visitors, residents, and employees feel comfortable, welcome, and safe in our community’s amazing Downtown.
Scope of Services:
- Hospitality-Provide a warm greeting to Downtown patrons, sharing information and offering recommendations
- Safety-Be vigilant and present a distinctive presence to help deter crime
- Partnership-Call on both City of Olympia and social service resources to work together to address challenging behaviors Downtown
- Crisis Outreach-Engage individuals suffering from houselessness, mental health crises, drug addiction in an effort to connect them with available resources in the community.
Hours of Operation:
- Sunday-Friday from 8am-7pm
- Saturday from 7am-10pm
- Partners Include: City resources: Olympia Police Department, Ambassadors, Clean Team, Crisis Response Unit, Familiar Faces
- Others: Community Care Center (Substance Abuse/Mental Health), Department of Enterprise Services, Washington State Patrol
- CPR, bloodborne pathogens, customer service, de-escalation, use of technology, lifting techniques, strategies for engaging with those experiencing houselessness, City ordinances and on the job training